Financial $$$ Aid

Do you or someone you know need a ramp or some other accessibility/ aging in place home modification?

Here are some resources we have found along the way that can help:

Terra- Genesis of Texas/San Antonio: This foundation started out as a directory for every type of assistance in Texas for homeless, single mothers, the disabled, seniors and more.  They now are administrators for grants such as the Amy Young Barrier Grant and the Home Rehabilitation Grant.  The Amy Young Grant pays for up to $18,000 worth of accessibility home modifications for the disabled.  The Housing Rehabilitation grant pays for rehabilitation or reconstruction of owner-occupied housing on the same site; New Construction of site-built housing on the same site to replace an existing owner occupied Manufactured Housing Unit (MHU); Replacement and relocation of existing housing located in a floodplain to a new MHU or New Construction of housing on an alternative site; New Construction or a new MHU to replace a housing unit that has become uninhabitable as a result of disaster or condemnation by local government. You can contact Ben Amor for more information: 210-342-8576.  Click here to see the Terra-Genesis Website.

DADS- Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services: Depending on whether the disabled person/senior has Medcaid or an HMO, there are grants available for home modifications for accessibility.  The phone number for the Comal County Intake Office is 1-888-902-9990.  For more information, click here: Help for Texans.

City of New Braunfels: The City has funds to help with Community Development to provide eligible recipients with annual grants that can be used to revitalize neighborhoods, expand affordable housing, provide economic opportunities and improve community facilities and services, primarily aimed and low and moderate-income persons. For more information, contact the Community Development Block Grant Consultant at 830-221-4080.